In 2003, NCLS began preparing for support education program (SEP). The first team went to China for a one-week school visiting in 2007. In the past 20 years, 23 teachers and 138 team students have visited many schools and sponsored nearly 300 students in completing their high school education. In 2022, the SEP launched a scholarship program to help families in need at the school. SEP activities not only build a bridge for cultural exchanges between China and the United States but also provide a platform for children in the U.S. to appreciate the blessings of the community and pass on the kindness. In 2015, the school obtained the PVSA Certifying Organization, to give out the “Presidential Volunteer Service Award”, encouraging students to serve the community.
Author Archives: Shirley Chen
NCLS SEP Talent Show 2022
Good news! The Newton Chinese School SEP Talent Show is back! Welcome all students and friends to sign up and participate enthusiastically.
Please click the link https://forms.gle/u7StdfSkBTsFdJQR8 to sing up the performance registration form before 11/30/2022, this link will be disabled after the deadline.
总统义工奖申请程序 / PVSA Application
|President’s Volunteer Service Award Application|
- Please click the PVSA Guideline for details.
- Submit your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15th, 2021
- Put applicant name in the email subject when you send us the application.
- Application statement (Cover Letter)
- All the supporting documents
- Fill up the following form(s)
- Write down your name and email address clearly
- All the hours should have supporting documents
- The name and contact info of the person who proofs your service hours
- On the Form 2: Do Nothing with “Tax ID”
Form 1: PRESIDENT’S VOLUNTEER SERVICE AWARDS FORM B– Applicant
Form 2: PRESIDENT’S VOLUNTEER SERVICE AWARDS FORM B – Updated Service Records
2022-2023 (17th) Team Recruitment / 2022 SEP Working Group Annual Meeting
The NCLS Support Education Program (SEP) 2022-2023 Team Recruitment Starts Now!
Please click the link to sign up: https://goo.gl/forms/6pXh9nZKVWb0ucd83
SEP Working Group had an annual meeting on August 7, 2022, at Newton Auburndale Park. Attendee: Helen Cao, Shirley Chen, Faith Hu, Nan Liang, Ling Zheng, Qionglin Zhou, Naizhong Qiu
- Reviewed all activities that SEP has organized and participated in the past year
- Discussed two new programs, tutoring and financial aid. The Tutoring program has been running for two years and it’s a success. We will start the financial aid program in Fall 2022. The program needs more broadcasting.
- Explored channels communicating with students in China to increase the understanding of both sides.
- Would resume the trip to Sichuang Daqiao School if permitted.
- All working group members will keep contacting with different schools to explore the possibility of corporation
The NCLS Support Education Program (SEP) offers financial assistance to needing families by providing partial or full scholarships to cover NCLS tuition.
Scholarships are funded through grants, donations, and fundraisers from SEP.
Application and Grant Process:
Step 1: Please register the NCLS courses at www.newtonchineseschool.org.
Please note: the financial aid application will not be considered without the course registration.
Step 2: Fill out and sign the application form (to be completed by parents/Guardians of the household). The deadline for the Fall semester is the last day of July. The deadline for the Spring semester is the last day of December.
Step 3: Once receiving the application form, the SEP Financial Aid Committee will review the application. The approval process usually takes about 1-2 week.
Please note: The Committee may ask the applicant to provide more information or documents if needed.
Step 4: The applicant will be notified through email about the financial aid decision. If approved, the tuition in the registration system will be deducted based on the approved amount.
Please send the form to email@example.com and email us should you have any questions.
2021 支教才艺表演 12月18日 晚上七点
Online Virtual Show / 网络才艺大展
2021-2022 will be the 16th year for Support Education Program (SEP) in NCLS. The program runs an annual talent show to raise funds to support underprivileged students around the world, mainly in China. Under the current Covid-19 environment, this year’s Talent show will be ON-LINE and expanded to include the traditional on-stage performances; art exhibits such as drawing, photographing, and calligraphy; and cooking, baking, and other artful work products. Performances or art exhibits can be submitted via prerecorded video, picture or PPT. The submissions will be presented together with the live performances during the talent show. The entire talent show proceeds will be designated to SEP. Please join us to show your talents, artful hobbies, adventures during Covid-19, and support a great cause!
Please submit the performance registration form before 11/30/2021. This link will be disabled after the deadline.
请在2021年11月30日前注册您或您所在团体的节目，2021 NCLS Talent Show Registration form (google.com) 逾期此链接将不生效。
2021 NCLS 8th Tennis Tournament for Support Education Program
We are excited to bring back our annual charity fund raising tennis event after a brief pause last year due to COVID. Tennis players of all levels are welcome to participate. All proceeds will go toward the Newton Chinese School 2021 – 2022 Support Education program (16th Year) supporting the education needs of underprivileged students in rural China and greater Boston area. To find out more about the Support Education Program at NCLS, go to http://blog.newtonchineseschool.org/supportchinaeducation/
Tournament Detail is as follows:
- Registration begins immediately. You can sign up via the web registration form: https://forms.gle/hcp84xo7E7Xx7Gwg9
- or call/email/text/WeChat Jianqing Luo (罗剑青) at 617.957.6354, firstname.lastname@example.org or Jackie Zhou (周津平) at 617-538-4318, email@example.com. If this is the first year you are participating in this tournament, let us know your level (USTA NTRP rating or UTR if available), your email address and phone number when you register.
- Entry fee – a donation of $25 for Singles, $50 per pair for Doubles. You can sign up for multiple flights. Please make your check payable to “NCLS” and write “Support Education” in the memo section. Or send your donation to Jianqing Luo via PayPal/Zelle/BOA transfer at: 617.957.6354 firstname.lastname@example.org and write the player’s name(s) and NCLS Tennis Donation in the Note section.
- Tournament Flights:
- Men’s Doubles A Group – USTA 8.0 Combined
- Men’s Doubles B Group – USTA 7.0 Combined
- Mixed Doubles – all levels
- Men’s Singles A Group – USTA 4.0/4.5 level
- Men’s Singles B Group – USTA 3.0/3.5 level
- Women’s Singles – all levels
- Girls’ Singles – all levels
- Boys’ Singles – all levels
- Junior Doubles – all levels
- Match Format: Matches could be round robin or single elimination depending on number of entries. Final detail will be published on 10/9 with the draw.
- All matches will be self scheduled. Players in the same flight will arrange a time and court to play with opponents and report the results back to organizing committee. Organizing committee can facilitate the scheduling if needed. All rounds are expected to be completed by end of October.
- Registration deadline is Friday, 10/8/2021. Draws will be announced via email and WeChat and accessible via Google Doc on Saturday, 10/9/2021. Please contact Jackie Zhou (周津平) at 617-538-4318 if you have any questions.
- 8:30-8:45 2020-2021 支教活动总结
- 8:45-9:30 SEP 章程扩展
- 9:30-10:00 2021-2022 支教活动展望
- SEP 章程扩展：
- 2021-2022 年 SEP 展望：
- 继续义务辅导项目 – 分享经验并吸引更多志愿者，帮助真正有需要的学生。
- 当学校实体课开学时，有需要的学生可以在周末前往 NCLS 接受辅导
- SEP 奖学金 – 免费注册牛顿中文学校课程或课班，SEP 志愿学生在需要时提供额外帮助。