What a smooth and successful first school day! With the full support from NCLS admin staff, PCC team, Board as well as all teachers and parents, we successfully passed the 1st busy and exciting school day. We wish this be a good start for 2015 – 2016 school year.
So far, there are more than 1300 students registered as NCLS student this school year. Due to such a large number of students, we are trying our best to make NCLS a safe, enjoyable and quality learning environment for our students. In order to achieve this goal, your support and cooperation will be very important. With your full support, hope we will have another successful year.
Attention: The registration is on and extended to 10/12/2015.
Based on various feedback from teachers and on-duty PCC members, there are a few things that need to be re-emphasized:
1. School parking:
- Only vehicles with NCLS parking permits can enter Minot Place, no other vehicles can enter Minot Place during the school time, which is defined as 12:00 pm to 5 :30 pm. There will be PCC parents on duty guarding and monitoring the entrance to Minot Place from 12:30 – 5:30 to reinforce the above procedures.
2. Drop-off, Pickup, Parking:
- Since Day school has very limited parking space surrounding the main building, NCLS offer parking tag only for teachers and admin staff, if you don’t have a school parking tag, please don’t enter Minot Place. To avoid any potential traffic jam at the entrance to Minot Place, please don’t drop off students at the entrance to Minot Place.
- The designated drop-off and pick-up area will be the Albermarle Road parking area behind the school field. Students and parents can walk across the field to the school. Another big parking lot that is closed to Day school is Newton School Department’s parking lot on Crafts Street. If you drive onto Walnut Street, then take left turn to Linwood Ave if you are from North, take right turn to Linwood Ave if you are from south, then take your next right turn to Crafts St., the parking lot is little down the road on your right. It will take around 5 mins walking to Day school building. If you are going to park along the street, make sure your car won’t block the residents driveway. If you want find the legal parking lots, please visit the following website: http://www.newtonchineseschool.org/direction.php
3. Parking Complaints and warning:
We did receive parking complaints from local residents the 1st school day, the specific street is Albermarle Road. This is very serious problem. If this kind of cases happened again, your car will be towed if your is too closed the driveway.
Please confirm your classroom number again from your personal account before you come and drop off your kid at classroom. The classroom teacher will count the name of whole class. If your kid is not on the list, he/she will be sent to library and you will have responsibility to help her/him to find the right classroom. Anyone without registration is not allowed to sit in the classroom.
All students have to follow the classroom rule, respect teacher and TA. Touch and removal of the day school materials are not allowed.
Please note that students should not enter the classroom if you arrive early, please stay at the cafeteria.
nts shouldn’t enter the classroom no earlier than 1:45 pm, as this is the arrival time for our teachers and teaching assistants. If you arrive the school before 1:45pm, please stay at the cafeteria until then. If you notice that no teacher or TA at the classroom after 1:45pm. For the 3rd class, from 3:40 – 5:00 pm. Students should enter the classroom after the previous class is over. Our classroom management policy requires that students need to be attended while in the classroom.
5. Book distribution
Thanks a lot for PCC hard work, almost all students already received their textbooks.
– For kindergarten students only, we will send the book to the classroom, so teachers will distribute the book in the class.
– For all other students, please pick up the book in the library. In order to get the book quickly and avoid long waiting line, please print the book pickup slip at home and bring the book pickup slip to book distribution desk. You can follow the link below to print out the pickup slip by yourself at home: https://www.newtonchineseschool.org/registration/BookPickupReturn.htm
If you have any registration related questions, please stop by our desk at the library.
6. Car pool
The heavy traffic during Sunday school time caused significant inconvenience to the local communities, in order to minimize this impact, we encourage parents car pool to school, we believe your support will play significant role.
– looking for carpool 我们住在 Rochester, South-Eastern Mass. 靠近 Cape Cod 和New Bedford.我们有一个女儿在中文学中文和数学。我们想找相近的家庭拼车。电话是：857-207-8984
6. NCLS Support Education Program Announcement
As we start the new school year of 2015 – 2016, the NCLS Support China Education Program has kicked-off its planning phase. This marks the 10th year of the Program. We will be providing support to students at Chongren Yi Zhong, Jiangxi province (江西省抚州地区崇仁县一中). More information about this school and the students will be made available on the NCLS web site. To keep this year’s program successful, we are recruiting new working group members. The number of working group members is not limited. Any parent, teacher or staff who is interested in supporting and contributing is welcome to join. The working group members are all volunteers, but we would like you to take a look at your schedule before you apply, as we do need certain amount of commitment to the program as a team member. We will run fund-raising activities, have meetings and organize the students’ trip to China. If you are interested, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday October 2nd, 2015. If your kids will sign up for the student volunteer team, please sign up with your kids online by click the https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Bxy2MjLJVU619PbT9s6-Rj39B_w_dyp6e_FEiTqFGbc/edit
Support Education Program Working Group will host a presentation by 2015 China trip team on September 27 2015 at 3:45pm in room 325, please come and join us to share all the interesting and meaningful stories from our students. This presentation will help you to understand and know more about this program and we will answer whatever questions about the program you have. There will be a registration onsite, you all are welcome.
Thanks and we are looking forward to working with you!
The NCLS Support Education Program Working Group
Date: Sep 20, 2015
Time: 3:45pm to 5:00pm
Place: Room #227
Speaker: Jing Wang, CLU®, MS
Title of the topic: Give a Child you love a Unique Gift
Short introduction of topic:
For many, the American Dream means that each generation will do better than the last. You can help fulfill that dream by giving your child a financial leg up with a permanent cash value life insurance policy which can be designed to help them pay for college, buy their first home, or start planning for their retirement – even before they start working. While gifts of toys and clothes are quickly outgrown, a whole life policy grows as your grandchild grows, giving them a head start towards a successful financial future. Welcome to the workshop to see how great the gift is for your child. The workshop will be held in Chinese.
Short introduction of speaker:
Since 2003, Jing has provided customized solutions to clients in the area of personal planning, business succession, retirement and estate planning, asset management1 as well as other personal or business financial needs. She helps the clients to crystallize the financial objectives and assists them in implementing a plan to accomplish those by advising them on asset protection, retirement income, legacy transfer, as well as the business succession challenges faced by family-owned business and professionals, who demand a high level of dedicated and specialized personal attention and services.
For more info, please contact:
Name: Jing Wang
Or visit website: http://www.jwifs.com
我们波士顿的华人当然不会落后。乔万钧领导的北美合唱协会隆重推出北美史无前例的千人黄河大合唱（10月11日晚7：30，波士顿大学体育馆Boston University Agganis Arena）！1000余演员来自美国和加拿大的20个华人合唱团和其它艺术团体及个人，届时有200人交响乐团伴奏，6000名观众到场观看助威！我们要用歌声缅怀先烈，弘扬正义，讴歌世界和平！
1） 捐助 – 大合唱组委会需要财政支援！这次千人黄河大合唱完全是民间发起的爱国演出活动，没有任何商业目的，所有募捐和门票收入全部用于支付BU体育馆租金。在此恳请并呼吁各界人士解囊相助，慷慨支援！几百不多，几元不少，票价$20，朋友们量力而行。当年抗战那样的艰苦卓绝都过来了，还有什么困难我们不能共同克服的呢？！
2） 参与 – 朋友，只要你能发声，只要你爱中华民族，爱和平，你就够格参加本次千人黄河大合唱！或许你善长弦乐，铜管乐，你可以来加入黄河交响乐团，演奏出最动人的旋律，为世界和平做出一份贡献！
3） 宣传 – 是到总动员的时刻了！七十年前中华儿女浴血奋战，谱写了中华民族历史上不朽的乐章 – 黄河大合唱！没有什么比支持，参与，宣扬黄河大合唱更光荣，更激动人心了！朋友们，请告诉你的家人，亲戚，朋友，同学，让他们加入到我们的行列中来！
Li and Ming