We had a fantastic first school day! On Sept 7, with the full support from NCLS admin staff, PCC team, Board as well as all teachers and parents, we successfully passed the 1st busy and exciting school day. It was wonderful to see our students back to the classrooms with smile. We wish this be a good start to another wonderful school year.
With more new families joining NCLS this school year, we have a total of more than 1300 students now. We are trying our best to make NCLS a safe, enjoyable and quality learning environment for our students. In order to maximize this goal, your cooperation will be very important. Based on various feedback from teachers and on-duty PCC members, there are a few things that need to be re-emphasized:
1. Drop-off and pick-up:
- Only vehicles with NCLS parking permits can enter Minot Place, no other vehicles can enter Minot Place during the school time, which is defined as 1:30pm to 5:30pm. There will be PCC parents on duty guarding and monitoring the entrance to Minot Place from 1:30 – 5:30 to reinforce the above procedures.
- Absolutely no drop-off or pick-up on Walnut street at the entrance to Minot Place.
- The designated drop-off and pick-up area will be the Albermarle Road parking area behind the school field. Students and parents can walk across the field to the school.
2. Parking: Since Day school has very limited parking space, only school teachers/staff with parking permit are allowed to park their cars inside parking lot, and all the rest cars can be parked on streets and nearby parking lots: http://www.newtonchineseschool.org/direction.php
3. Classroom: Please confirm your classroom number again in our website before you come on Sunday. We had a few changes after the first day. https://www.newtonchineseschool.org/cgi-bin/main/classlist.pl
Please note that students should not enter the classroom before 1:45 pm. If you arrive early, please stay at the cafeteria.
4. Book pick up: if you have paid the tuition but have not picked up your text book, please follow this instruction link to print out the book pick up slip before you come to library to pick up the book. https://www.newtonchineseschool.org/registration/BookPickupReturn.htm
If you have any questions regarding registration, payment, class, you can come to the library this coming Sunday.
As always, thanks for your support and see you on Sunday.
Ling and Li
1. Lost and Found: One of our parents lost keys (on a key chain with a brown little puppet pouch attached) last Sunday during school hours in the building. If you happened to find it, please drop it off at the library admin desk this Sunday. Thanks.
Date: 9/14/2014 Sunday Time: 3:45pm to 5:00pm Place: Room #227
Speaker: Tracy Huang-director of YES program
Title of the topic: NECINA主办的青年创业培训课程YES 9.0 近日开始网上报名招生
由IBM以及Constant Contact联合赞助并由波士顿纽英伦中华資訊网络協會(NECINA)主办并创办的青年创业服务培训课程YES 9.0（Youth Entrepreneurship Service）将于9月27日开始第九期的培训课程。YES 9.0課程是针对中学生设计的系列创业理念培训课程。这十节课程重在培养学生如何有效进行团队合作，如何挖掘自身领导能力的潜质以及如何推出创意新颖的创业构思和极具挑战性的创业计划。
YES 9.0 全套课程还将包括指导学生如何以最佳状态展示和陈述自己和团队的创业构想，如何掌握演讲技巧，并且如何提升领导能力。每堂课都会由经验丰富的创业和专业人士讲座进行辅导。在本期YES 9.0 培训中，获得创业创意优胜奖的个人和团队代表将会获得由赞助机构提供的在大公司和企业实习的工作的机会。
为何加入NECINA主办，IBM及Constant Contact赞助的YES 9.0 全套创业理念辅导课程？
- 团队组建与合作: 你将学会如何与合作伙伴联手创建和管理一个强有力的团队。
YES 9.0 课程安排：9/27/2014 – 2014/2/15 (隔周六，早9:00 am –午12:00 pm)
开课地点：Constant Contact Innovation Lab (1601 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA)
3. Annual Chinese Music Instrument Audition and Concert