Hope you had a relaxing summer and welcome back to Newton Chinese School. We especially want to welcome new families joining NCLS community. As we are heading into a new school year, let’s all work together to make a fantastic start. This Sunday 9/7 is our first day of school. Here are a few notes and reminders for you:
1. Traffic and Parking:
The first day is always an exciting and busy day for all of us. Nonetheless, safety is the first and foremost that we need to pay attention to. If you are not sure about the school direction or parking place, please check this link at our website: https://www.newtonchineseschool.org/direction.php
Here are two important points:
- If you don’t have a school parking permit, please don’t enter Minot Place. Please don’t drop off students at the entrance to Minot Place either.
- The designated drop-off and pick-up area will be the Albermarle Road parking area behind the school field. Students and parents can walk across the field to the school.
2. Entering Classroom Time
Students should enter the classroom no earlier than 1:45pm, as this is the arrival time for our teachers and teaching assistants. If you arrive the school before 1:45pm, please stay at the cafeteria until then. If you notice that no teacher or TA at the classroom after 1:45pm, please come to library and let us know, we will assign our admin staff to the classroom. Our classroom management policy requires that students need to be attended while in the classroom.
3. Textbook Pick Up
If you have paid your tuition but have not gotten the textbook, you will receive the book on first day. Here is the procedure:
– For kindergarten students only, we will send the book to the classroom, so teachers will distribute the book in the class.
– For all other students, please pick up the book in the library. Please remember to bring the book pickup slip and an ID. You can follow the link below to print out the pickup slip by yourself at home: https://www.newtonchineseschool.org/registration/BookPickupReturn.htm
Please note that if you do not have the pickup slip, your waiting time will be longer. You can either bring the slip or log into your account at school from your smart phone and load the slip page. As long as we can scan the QR code, you are good.
4. Please remember to check your classroom in the system before you come to school. We have recently switched some classrooms, so the classroom number may change since the last time you checked. If you have any registration related questions, please stop by our desk at the library.
We are all geared up and ready to go. Best wishes to all as we embark on this new school year!
Last but not least, Happy Mid-Autumn Festival! 中秋节快乐！
Ling and Li
1. Leland Cheung, a second generation Chinese American, is running for Lieutenant Governor currently. Invited by one of our parents, Leland is going to stop by our school at around 2:45pm in the library to present his ideas and answer questions. It’s a good opportunity to get to know Leland as he is the first Asian American candidate to run for the 2nd highest position in MA. If you are interested, please stop by.