– Book Distribution on 6/7
If you paid tuition on or before 6/4, you can get textbook on this Sunday 6/7 (except K grade textbook). PCC will deliver textbooks to the classrooms for move-up students who have paid on or before 6/4. All students who receive the book have to sign on the book release form. Please let you kid know this.
Here are the details of the book distribution:
- If you have paid the full tuition on or before 6/4:
- New K Students => Book will be distributed to the classroom on the first day of school on 9/13.
- New Students in the 1st grade Chinese classes and 4th grade Math => Pick up your books in the library on 6/7.
- Direct Move-up Students (*) => Books will be sent to their current classrooms on 6/7.
- Non-Direct Move-up Students (**) => Pick up your books in the library on 6/7.
- If you cannot pick up your book in the library on 6/7 or your child will be absent on 6/7, please pick up the book in the library on 9/13. Please print out the book pickup slip and bring to the library (see instruction in the link below).
If you pay your tuition after 6/4:
- You can pick up your books in the library on 9/13. Please print out book pickup slip and bring to the library (see instruction in the link below).
* Direct Move-up Students are the students who move up directly from the same class serial, for example from Grade 2A to Grade 3A, or from Math 5A to Math 6A, etc.
** Non-Direct Move-up Students are the students who move up grades but to a different class serial, for example from Grade 2A to Grade 3B, or from Math 5A to Math 6B.
-Math Contest winners
Congratulation to the following math contest winners. The award ceremony will be on 6/14. All winners should come to the auditorium at 4:20pm on 6/14 to receive the award.
一等奖 Audrey Xiao Kevin Zhao Karen Li Albert Zhang Iris Yang
Conway Xu Nathan Zhao Robin Lu Eric Chen
优胜奖 Aaron Lu Sarah Wei Leo Sun Annie Gao Owen Jin Joseph Shen
Jerry Xia Andrew Zhao Deon Chan Kevin Luo Logan Ngai
Hannah Han Sean Fei Jason Shu Eugene Jiang Robert Sheng
Karen Tong Karen Nie Alexander Deng Jiming Xu Sophie Gu
Led by NCLS teachers, Nan Liang and Weidong Li, the group of 15 students went to Cuozhen, Hefei, Anhui province during this spring break. They had very successful one week exchange activities there.
The student volunteer group formed in September last year. Students participated a series of fund-raising activities which organized by NCLS Support China Education Working Group. With the support of the whole school, parents, Tan’s Education Foundation, and the Boston community, they achieved very good results. The donations have passed to Cuozhen high school, which will help 21 economically disadvantaged students there to finish their high school education.
Please check the i-movie made by team student Helen Dong for the group activities (fundraising and student training) before the trip. The yutube link is – http://youtu.be/iMxNeipGSkU
We will hold a school wide presentation from 3:45pm – 5pm on Sunday, June 7. China trip team students will share their story with you. All parents and students are welcome.
自2014年九月起, 支教工作小组安排了一系列的募捐活动, 在全校师生,家长和波士顿社区的支持下, 取得了非常好的成绩。谭氏教育基金会也对支教项目给予了强有力的支持。此行他们将所得捐款资助了21位贫困学生，帮助他们完成高中学业。
一周的活动进行的丰富多彩， 爱心传递圆满结束。以下是由团队学生董海伦制作的募捐活动和学生培训的短片。 请看Yutube 链接：http://youtu.be/iMxNeipGSkU
-Math teacher recruiting
有意愿者请到校务处报名， 也可到校长处报名。如有具体问题， 可与数学组长赵一兵老师联系(Email：email@example.com)
-Independent school board member opening
If you or your child is interested in NCLS teaching assistant work for 2015-2016 school year, please complete the application form (see link below) and submit it to Tian Yi laoshi at the libary. For current adult TAs and student TAs, please complete the form as well, since we need to know if you would continue with the TA work and stay at the same class.
You can also pick up a copy of the form at the libary.
Thanks and see you on Sunday.
Ling and Li