Newton Chinese School will be holding its 2nd adult tennis tournament (牛顿中文学校网球锦标赛) this fall. Tennis players of all levels are welcome to participate. Entry fee – a donation of $20 for Singles, $40 per pair for Doubles. Please make your check payable to “NCLS” and write “Support Education” in the memo section. Bring payment to Newton Chinese School or to organizer. All proceeds will go toward the 2014 – 2015 Support China Education program supporting students in Cuozhen Zhongxue, Anhui province (撮镇中学). To find out more about the Support China Education Program, go tohttp://blog.newtonchineseschool.org/supportchinaeducation
Tournament Detail is as follows:
1. Registration begins immediately at the web sign up links below. Registration will close on 9/25/2014. All non-finals matches are self scheduled between 9/26/2014 to 11/2/2014. Finals will be held on 10/26/2014 and/or 11/2/2014 at the Tennis courts behind NCLS (FA Day Middle School, Newton) next to the baseball field. Sign up links:
· Men’s Singles: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/zY7M2yZw6x
· Doubles (only one entry per pair): http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/WVGJumtkCQ
· Women’s Singles: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/N8UmDkhQtV
2. Match rules: Pro sets. Best of 3 sets. The 3rd set is a tie-breaker. Each party brings a new can of balls to your own match. Winner gets to keep the unopened can to bring to next round. Report scores/results via the Challonge.com web tool after each match.
Please contact Jackie Zhou (周津平) at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.