NCLS Registration Procedure, Tuition, registration and Book fees for the 2013 Fall semester
Registration for Fall, 2013 will start on Sunday, May 19. There will be three stages for registration:
1. “Moving Up” Period: 00:00 AM, May 19, 2013 ― 11:59 PM, May 29, 2013, Registration only open to current in-school students.
(1) Leveled Classes (Chinese and Math)
All current in-school students can only register into the “moving up” classes for all of the Chinese classes and Math classes. For example, if you are currently in 1st grade class A, you can only register 2nd grade class A (neither other grade nor 2nd grade class B or C or D). If you are currently in Math 4, you can only register Math 5 (not other Math classes).
(2) Non Leveled Classes (all other classes except Chinese and Math)
The current students can register non-leveled classes during the “moving up” period, but only to the current classes they are taking this semester.
Our registration system will not allow you to register for classes other than the moving up one for the leveled classes or your current class for non-leveled classes and the school will guarantee your seat in the class for you during this period. All new classes, such as K-grade classes will be closed for the registration during this period.
Here are moving-up details:
All Chinese classes will move up accordingly;
All math classes will move up accordingly;
Wang Laoshi K-grade: 学前班 甲班-2 Language (K Grade -A2) moves up to 学前班 甲班 Language, K Grade – A
All other classes only open to current in-class students.
2. “Change Class” Period: 00:00 AM of May 30, 2013 ― 11:59 PM of June 8, 2013. Registration only opens to current in-school students.
All classes will open for registration and no seat will be held in any class. All new classes will also open for registration on “first come first serve” bases. All students can change their classes as long as the class you want to change to has vacancies. For example, if you are currently in 1st grade class A and you can change to 1st grade class B or C or D, you can do so during this period. All new classes will open to in-school students only.
New class list:
All K-grade Chinese Classes
4th Grade Maliping Class B
Happy Chinese II, 2nd period class (《快乐汉语》 for students from non-Chinese-speaking background
3. “Open Registration” Period: Start 12:00AM of June 9, 2013, registration opens to all students
During this period, the registration will open to anyone if there are vacancies in the classes.
All class schedules subject to change according to the availability of teachers and class rooms and the number of students registered in the class.
The teacher assignments are subject to change according to their availabilities and the school’s needs.
Tuition and registration fee for the 2013-2014 School Year
Tuition per semester: first class only: $165; second class only: $145; both classes: $275. This price applies to both children and adult classes.
Tuition for the senior classes per semester: $50.
The cost for textbooks is NOT included in the tuition.
Registration fee is $10 per family account, but it is waived if all account balance is paid on or before June 23, 2013.
Online Tuition Payment
You may pay the tuition online with credit/debit card and/or payPal! Please read the online payment step-by-step instruction, it is very helpful. http://www.newtonchineseschool.org/registration/step-by-step_paypal.htm
Please follow the system prompt after you finish the class election and ready to pay. Please note: the deadline for waiving the registration fee is June 23, 2013.
Please refer to the online payment FAQ page for common questions:
The textbook for Chinese classes will not be covered in the tuition. Same as previous years, book fee will no longer to be optional and needed to be paid at the same time with tuition.
Following are the prices for textbooks for different class:
《中文》: $10 (including text book and homework books)
Maliping Chinese: $60
Math Grade 4-5: $24
Math Grade 6-7: $12
Math Grade 8: $17
NCLS does allow you to return the textbook and following are the procedures:
1. Before the first day of school, one can change/cancel class with full refund (including both tuition and book fee).
2. At and after first day of school, we will only refund the tuition. No book fee is refunded in the registration system. To return the book, you need to bring the book to school administration. If the book is deemed to be in a good condition for resale (no damage, including not written, no wrinkle, smear…), you will receive refund on the book.
3. No book return will be allowed two weeks after the school is open; even the book is purchased at second week of the school