There will be two classes before the AP Chemistry test date (May 07, 2012) and four classes before SAT test date (June 02, 2012).
Each student has found her/his chemistry knowledge gap from two practice tests on Apirl 08 and April 15.
Based on the input from the students at the end of last week meet, I will cover following topics and excises in class:
- Electron orbital and orbital hybridization
- Thermodynamics functions: H, S and G
- Thermo chemistry: bomb calorimeter & experimental aspects http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAgbknIDKNo&feature=related
- Nuclear chemistry (more than just a few radioactive decays)
- Acids and Bases: three definitions; calculating pH of weak acids and weak bases
- Solution chemistry and chemical reaction equilibrium constants: Ksp, Kp, Kc, Ka, Kb and the relationships between them
- Catalyst and catalyzed chemical reactions
Please bring Princeton and Kaplan books and a calculator to classes.