In 2003, NCLS began preparing for support education program (SEP). The first team went to China for a one-week school visiting in 2007. In the past 20 years, 23 teachers and 138 team students have visited many schools and sponsored nearly 300 students in completing their high school education. In 2022, the SEP launched a scholarship program to help families in need at the school. SEP activities not only build a bridge for cultural exchanges between China and the United States but also provide a platform for children in the U.S. to appreciate the blessings of the community and pass on the kindness. In 2015, the school obtained the PVSA Certifying Organization, to give out the “Presidential Volunteer Service Award”, encouraging students to serve the community.
Category Archives: 支教总结
总统义工奖申请程序 / PVSA Application
|President’s Volunteer Service Award Application|
- Please click the PVSA Guideline for details.
- Submit your application materials to email@example.com by October 15th, 2021
- Put applicant name in the email subject when you send us the application.
- Application statement (Cover Letter)
- All the supporting documents
- Fill up the following form(s)
- Write down your name and email address clearly
- All the hours should have supporting documents
- The name and contact info of the person who proofs your service hours
- On the Form 2: Do Nothing with “Tax ID”
Form 1: PRESIDENT’S VOLUNTEER SERVICE AWARDS FORM B– Applicant
Form 2: PRESIDENT’S VOLUNTEER SERVICE AWARDS FORM B – Updated Service Records
2022-2023 (17th) Team Recruitment / 2022 SEP Working Group Annual Meeting
The NCLS Support Education Program (SEP) 2022-2023 Team Recruitment Starts Now!
Please click the link to sign up: https://goo.gl/forms/6pXh9nZKVWb0ucd83
SEP Working Group had an annual meeting on August 7, 2022, at Newton Auburndale Park. Attendee: Helen Cao, Shirley Chen, Faith Hu, Nan Liang, Ling Zheng, Qionglin Zhou, Naizhong Qiu
- Reviewed all activities that SEP has organized and participated in the past year
- Discussed two new programs, tutoring and financial aid. The Tutoring program has been running for two years and it’s a success. We will start the financial aid program in Fall 2022. The program needs more broadcasting.
- Explored channels communicating with students in China to increase the understanding of both sides.
- Would resume the trip to Sichuang Daqiao School if permitted.
- All working group members will keep contacting with different schools to explore the possibility of corporation
The NCLS Support Education Program (SEP) offers financial assistance to needing families by providing partial or full scholarships to cover NCLS tuition.
Scholarships are funded through grants, donations, and fundraisers from SEP.
Application and Grant Process:
Step 1: Please register the NCLS courses at www.newtonchineseschool.org.
Please note: the financial aid application will not be considered without the course registration.
Step 2: Fill out and sign the application form (to be completed by parents/Guardians of the household). The deadline for the Fall semester is the last day of July. The deadline for the Spring semester is the last day of December.
Step 3: Once receiving the application form, the SEP Financial Aid Committee will review the application. The approval process usually takes about 1-2 week.
Please note: The Committee may ask the applicant to provide more information or documents if needed.
Step 4: The applicant will be notified through email about the financial aid decision. If approved, the tuition in the registration system will be deducted based on the approved amount.
Please send the form to firstname.lastname@example.org and email us should you have any questions.
2021 支教才艺表演 12月18日 晚上七点
- 8:30-8:45 2020-2021 支教活动总结
- 8:45-9:30 SEP 章程扩展
- 9:30-10:00 2021-2022 支教活动展望
- SEP 章程扩展：
- 2021-2022 年 SEP 展望：
- 继续义务辅导项目 – 分享经验并吸引更多志愿者，帮助真正有需要的学生。
- 当学校实体课开学时，有需要的学生可以在周末前往 NCLS 接受辅导
- SEP 奖学金 – 免费注册牛顿中文学校课程或课班，SEP 志愿学生在需要时提供额外帮助。
SEP Annual Meeting & 2020-2021 Team Recruiting Announcement
8/28/2020 晚上八点半，支教工作小组利用ZOOM Meeting 网络平台，召开了年度会议。
虽然2019-2020 支教活动被Covid -19 打断了，支教之旅未能成行，但是上半年的支教活动很有成效。自九月份开始组队后开展了一系列活动：Team Bonding -Charles River boating (9月); Bake Sales (每周日面包及自制点心义卖)；参与牛中建校60周年庆典并表演 (10月)；支教第七届网球锦标赛 (11月); 年度支教才艺表演和筹款 (12月)；面试申请支教之行的学生并组队 (2020，1月)；协助牛顿中文学校校外春晚庆祝活动并表演和现场义卖募捐 (1月)，到其他团体的春晚庆祝现场宣传支教和筹款义卖 (2月初)。筹款总额接近预期的三分之二(包括谭老师的捐助和支教志愿者公司的匹配)。疫情期间，支教活动依然进行，同学们录制了视频，已在牛顿中文学校微信公众号发布。也会发给受访的学校，让他们了解牛顿中文学校和支教团队的活动，其中的支教小花絮在牛顿中文学校学年末的家长大会暨毕业典礼上播放。视频链接如下：https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/Zl0tVYmBDtu5GT3xFrOccQ
2020-2021 新学年支教活动小组负责人： 组长 – 高红， 副组长 – 曹景雁， John Lin.
The NCLS Support Education Program (SEP) 2020-2021 Team Recruitment Starts Now!
Please click the link to sign up : https://goo.gl/forms/6pXh9nZKVWb0ucd83
The 2020-2021 will be the 15th year for NCLS SEP. The program runs various fundraising events, such as bake sale, talent show, tennis tournament, culture fair, dance party, etc. to raise funds for underprivileged students in rural areas in China.
In April spring break, a group of NCLS students will go to China and bring the funds to the scholarship recipients. They will visit the recipients’ families, teach English class at the school and participate cultural activities with Chinese students. Covid-19 disrupted 2020 SEP’s activities and prevented the trip to China. However, in these challenging times, help and support could be needed and appreciated more than ever. Students here and in China could continue to learn from each other and support each other in different ways, including but not limited to, online communication and cultural exchanges, and in-person visit situation permitting.
We welcome NCLS students 8th grade and above to join SEP team for 2020-2021.
2019-2020 NCLS SEP Recruiting Announcement
Will upload more….